Monday, November 15, 2010

Share and Voice: ECO - Environmentally Conscious Options Store


If you haven't noticed yet, I am very intriqued as to what efforts Duluth has been taking to help the community become more environmentally friendly along with how the city is setting a 'green' example for other cities to follow.

That being said as my roommate and I were headed to downtown Duluth this past week we were stopped at a stoplight and while we were waiting I noticed a store adjacent to us with the name 'ECO - Environmentally Conscious Options.'  The store's location is 400 W Superior St.  I had never heard of it before so what did I do, of course, I searched on the internet for their website!
 After browsing through the website it seems like it would be a pretty fun store to visit.  The objective of the store is to offer healthy and environmentally friendly products at affordable prices to home builders and people who are remodeling their homes.  They have products that range from flooring and countertops to drawer handles made from rocks and recycled glass! 

They also host various workshops and classes about having an eco-friendly home.  Plus, the website even has a 'living green tip' tab on the left side of the website to give you helpful hints on how to maintain and keep a green home!
Am I just way behind the times or is there anyone else who has never heard of this store?  I think it sounds like a great addition to the Duluth community.

7 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this store either! I do agree this is a great addition to the Duluth community. All towns need to have places to educate people on the environment and since most adults are not attending school anymore this is a perfect way to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have never heard of this store, but it sounds like it would be a very interesting place to shop! Although I don't own my own home yet, it could be a very useful place in the future. I'm not in downtown Duluth much but next time I am I will definitely need to pay more attention to the stores around me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy you did your share and voice on this- I actually went into the store a week ago and was going to share about it this week!! It was very cool. They had a lot of options for carpeting, accessories, other flooring options, and countertops. A lot of the stuff was cute too! If I ever ended up building I would definitely look into a store like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard a lot about this place, someone in my last group did a share and voice on it. We could always take a fieldtrip here :). I really want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, someone in my last group (same as Lauren's) did this same post. It's nice that they can make the items affordable, because a lot of the time that is what gets in the way of people buying such environmentally-friendly objects. I hope to start seeing more stores out there just like this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey that's nice. I never heard of this place before also. All their items on their website look new and attractive. They must've done a lot of research to achieve their goal of promoting environmental friendly items like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't this store pretty neat! I had actually done a previous share n' voice about it in my previous blog group. It is amazing what you can find while wondering around town.

    ReplyDelete